Compare and Contrast Essay Writing. The Outline
In custom comparison essays, you take two or more things and discuss how they are the same and how they are different.
- choose the most interesting topic from the list of comparison / contrast essay topics;
- chose two or more items, that need to be compared / contrasted in essay;
- look for common ground, on which you will be doing your evaluation (it’s hopeless to compare William Shakespeare and dumpsters);
- if you want to be even more specific, compare/contrast only one side of selected subjects;
Our tips on essay writing:
- When you write a custom compare and contrast essay, you can end up evaluating good and bad sides. There’s nothing wrong with it, but make sure that you know what you mean by “good” and “bad”.
- Don’t turn your custom contrast essay paper into a mechanical action in which you firstly state similarities, and secondly provide a list of differences.
Predictably, the thesis of such a paper is usually an assertion that A and B are very similar yet not so similar after all.
- To write a good essay paper, you must take your raw data—the similarities and differences you’ve observed—and make them cohere into a meaningful argument. A good Introduction writing requires:
- a frame of reference, or the context within which you place the two things you plan to compare and contrast in your essay.
- grounds for custom essay comparison;
- the thesis statement, which depends on how the two things you’ve chosen to compare actually relate to one another; it means that the statement should arise from grounds for comparison;
Our tips on essay writing:
- Try a quotation, or an anecdote for the supportive sentence.
- Give your reader an opportunity to make a quick peep into your essay paper by mentioning the subtopics in the final sentence.
3. Compare and Contrast Essay Writing. The Main Body
The Main Body is a set of paragraphs that unfold and support your thesis.
- There are several ways to organize your body paragraphs. Here they are:
- first compare, then contrast;
- first do one idea, then do the other;
- write only about the comparable and contrastable elements of each idea;
- only compare or only contrast;
Our tips for essay writing:
- No matter what you prefer, make sure to give equal amount of attention to both comparison and contrast in your custom essay.
- Don’t forget to link your investigations to thesis. A reader has to have a clear picture of your compare and contrast essays paper.
4. Compare and Contrast Essay Writing. The Conclusion
Just like the introduction, the conclusion should be a generalization of the thesis.
- a conclusion should be a strong paragraph;
- restate your thesis in new words and show how you’ve proven it in the preceding paragraphs;
- wrap the essay up with a final sentence or two.
Our tips for essays writing:
- Sometimes you feel so exhausted by the end of the comparison essay paper that you don’t want to work hard on writing a conclusion. If you do feel so, put comparison / contrast essay writing aside, take some rest, then go over it and finish with a strong finale. Conclusion writing is important. Don’t let yourself fail just because at one moment you felt tired.